The Gawler Central Football Club was first formed in 1889 playing in a Gawler competition with South Gawler and Willaston, and we celebrated our 120 Year Anniversary in 2009.
In the late 60’s the cricket club was formed with many players filtering from the football club.
In 1987 the club then joined the Barossa, Light and Gawler Association where it has experienced many successes over the years.
The Barossa, Light and Gawler Association also combined football and netball and in 1987 the netball club was formed.
The club in more recent times has continued to grow with the introduction of the Gawler Central City Tigers Soccer Club and the Waratah Central Tennis Club and even more recently a Ladies Cricket Team.
In 2001 the Gawler Central Sporting Club was established to conglomerate the five different sporting codes under one club with the club now having a membership base of over 400 people.
A club with a long and proud history, the Gawler Central Tigers have been through a myriad of highs and lows in its 120+ year journey.