The Gawler Central Football Club has a long and proud history, being first formed in 1889 playing in a Gawler competition with South Gawler and Willaston.
In 1958 the Gawler Central Cricket Club formed with many players filtering from the football club.
When the Gawler & Districts Football League disbanded in 1986, GCFC joined the Barossa, Light and Gawler Association, where it has experienced many successes in both senior and junior grades since this time.
Upon joining the Barossa, Light and Gawler Association in 1987, a requirement was for each club to form a netball club, hence the Gawler Central Netball Club established at this time. The GCNC have been a consistent force in this competition since this time.
In 2001 the Gawler Central Sporting Club Incorporated was established as the overarching body for it’s three affiliated clubs (football, netball & cricket).
Participation numbers continue to grow year on year, due to the unrivalled reputation of a welcoming culture, strong focus on junior development and the popular location of the club.